Thursday, November 15, 2007

Wednesday!

Tonight after work I went out with one of the Korean teachers. We went to a really nice coffee house called Sleepless in Seattle. We had a really great time and found out we had an uncanny amount of things in common (we even have the same birthday!). After coffee she came back to my apartment and we talked for another two hours! It was so nice to find someone I had a lot in common with and we really hit it off. Yay for another good friend in Korea!

Today I woke up and I didn't want to get out of bed. I was feeling very homesick and depressed. That was how my day started. But it ended with me making a new friend who could identify with a lot of the troubles I've been having in Korea since she lived in a foreign country for a year as well. God is truly watching over me and His timing is perfect...

On a sillier note, I think I've mentioned that one of my biggest problems with my students is that they are constantly trying to speak Korean in class when they are only supposed to speak English. I get on their case about this all the time and so they end up ratting each other out to me when one of them slips up. I've lightened up about it a bit, especially with the younger ones because they truly just forget sometimes. Here is a short video I took the other day. When they tell on each other they always say, "Teacher! *so-and-so* is Korean talking!" There's a lot of adamant blame shifting involved. You'll see....

Publish Post

No comments: