Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I hope you laugh....

At my school, once students complete level 4 (which takes about 3 years) they have to begin writing in an English journal. I used to have to do this in French class. Each week we had to write about a paragraph in French about something we had done that day or that week. Even though a paragraph in English doesn't seem like a lot to you or me, it is incredibly difficult for someone who is still learning the language. Mastering English grammar is so difficult - the more I teach, the more I realize how many inconsistencies and exceptions to the rules there are.

Anyway, several of my classes are in these higher levels and have to write journals. I assign them every Friday and collect them on Mondays. Reading them is one of my favorite parts of this job. Anyway, here are some entries I've pulled because they make me laugh - not AT the students of course....well maybe at them a little. But its just so cute! These are 12 year olds. When I was 12 I definitely did NOT know nearly this much of a foreign language so its very impressive.

-Today I am do my English homework. Homework is little so I am happy. I don't like homework. Then I played piano. I don't like piano but I am play piano for one hour every day. After I am eating the dinner.

-Today my family went to the West Sea. We ate hot pepper fish stew and blue crabs and octopus. The octopus was not die. The crabs and octopus was very very delicious.

-The sun was in west. I want to ride a motor scooter but dad says, "Motor scooter is danger!" So I no ride motor scooter.

-Today I went to the playground and supermarket. Playground was very fun. Supermarket was very boring. Today is very fun today.

-Today I played a game with my friend but we played little because I have to go to my grandmother's house. I am so sad because I can play little. I say I want to play more dad but dad said we visit your grandmother so you can't play more. I am so sad.

AND MY FAVORITE...

-Today is Sunday so I went to the church and I studied the God.

Some of my best students!

No comments: