Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Thanksgiving!

It's my first Thanksgiving away from my family. While there is no way I can buy or bake a turkey (there are super expensive turkeys available at some import shops but they are so expensive and I don't have an oven) I am still going to have Thanksgiving. I went import food shopping this weekend and bought a packet of instant turkey gravy which will make the chicken I'm going to make taste more like turkey. I splurged on some cream of mushroom soup, a can of green beans, and some instant mashed potatoes (I know my Mom is cringing about the instant potatoes - her Thanksgiving cooking is mouth-watering and indescribable). The best part is I bought - no, INVESTED in - a $7 box of Stove Top Stuffing!!!!!!

So on Thanksgiving Day I will go to work from 1 - 9pm and then come home and make chicken, mashed potatoes, turkey gravy, Stove Top stuffing, and I will attempt to make green bean casserole with no oven and no french fried onion rings. The only thing I'm missing is cranberry sauce. And all this with only one working burner on my stove. Should be interesting. I can't wait!

No comments: