Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Wednesday

Today we had pizza at work. It felt so....American! It was delicious too, with only a few minor changes. Like my pizza had corn on it. It was really good. Also there was a pizza with giant potato wedges on it. Also good.

Yesterday I went to the open-air market which is just a few blocks away. It was incredible and overwhelming and I took pictures but for some reason blogger wouldn't let me upload them so I will try again soon. It is so nice to have fresh fruits and vegetables though. I am going to make a stir-fry! I got really good deals and the produce was super fresh...6 cucumbers for $2, 8 green bell peppers for $2, 5 onions for $1, 4 peaches for $1....

One thing I am thinking a lot about right now is what to do for Christmas vacation. I have a week off from work and considered going home but it would be the week of Christmas, one of the busiest and most expensive times to travel, so I am not leaning toward that. I have been checking airline prices to the US every day, hoping for a break, but so far the cheapest I have found is just under $2,000. Plus, I think I should take advantage of being on this side of the world while I have a week off from work. So right now I am thinking of traveling somewhere in Asia for the Christmas holiday. I was thinking of doing a week in Japan or China. Right now I am leaning toward China. Japan is something I could do on a shorter holiday or a long weekend or even several separate weekends. I have been looking into 5 - 8 day guided tours of China that include Beijing, Shanghai, and Xian. Those three cities include the things I would want to see the most.

No comments: