Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Gimbap

I have found the first Korean food that I like!!! Gimbap! Gimbap is similar to Japanese Futomaki style sushi rolls. Unlike Japanese sushi, Korean Gimbap generally does not contain raw fish and is prepared with sauteed beef, sausage, ham, fish cake or crab. Unlike Japanese sushi, Gimbap is not served with wasabi soy sauce or sushi ginger.
This was my dinner tonight:

You can buy it at any convenience store for only 1,000 won ($1)

LooIt looks just like sushi doesnt it? This roll has egg, radish, cucumber, tuna, and some kind of spicy sauce on it. One roll is plenty for me for dinner and I just eat each piece with my hands.

3 comments:

David Bacon said...

wow! a whole dinner for a bit over a buck. All you can get is a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger for that much here, and that's just a couple mouthfuls.

Peter Schiller said...

Dave's couple of mouthfuls would feed Abbey & Torah both! :-)

Lauren Christa said...

Wow, Kayla, you a fabulous blogger. It is all so interesting!