Sunday, October 7, 2007

Sunday

Sorry I have not written in a bit...I have been kind of depressed lately, to be honest. Friday night I went out in Cheolsan and there was so much going on in the city, so many people out about, all kinds of vendors selling things, and concerts going on. There were so many people around and yet as I walked through the crowds, I was so aware of my loneliness. Not having buddies to do things with, not being able to read the signs or talk to people, and not knowing my way around. All of a sudden I felt so isolated and depressed. I didn't want to be negative on here so I just didn't blog :) I started thinking, "what have I done? how did I get here? was this a huge mistake?"

To make matters worse, I have been getting sick to my stomach every day. It must be the food and the fact that my body is just not used to it.

Well I went to church today in Seoul and it was wonderful and refreshing. It is a very young church, and small, about 50 people. Its an English speaking church with a lot of young people. There were only 5 or so people that were not Korean but everyone spoke English and some of the Korean young people were raised in America and are just here in Korea teaching like me. I made some really nice friends and have plans to hang out with them this weekend!

Also, the pastor went to seminary at Gordon Conwell and I found out we have a mutual acquaintance. He also knew of both Grove City and Mt. Laurel!

Anyway, it was a really encouraging day and I feel so much better. I know there are going to be difficult times and times of doubt while I am here but God is watching over me and He always provides.

No comments: