Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Tuesday

I am so very tired. Still a bit jet lagged...
So today I only had four classes to teach but they were longer. All 4 of my classes were great though. In on of them there were 4 girls and 1 boy and the girls were whispering in Korean and I reprimanded them and reminded them we dont speak Korean in class. The one girl raised her hand, "teacher?? question!" "Yes?" "You eyelash... they real?" "Yes..." There was a collective awe-filled gasp and they began whispering excitedly again. "No Korean!" I scolded. The girl said shyly, "they are very pretty". I thanked her and turned to the board to laughed to myself. Aahhh that made my day.
I have been drinking something called Chilsung Cider which tastes kind of like Sprite and looks like this:

Here, the word "cider" means a sweetened, carbonated drink.

By the way did you hear the news?....South Korea's President Roh met with North Korea's Kim Jong-Il today in North Korea. This is only the second Summit between them since The Korean War. President Roh and his wife actually walked across the DMZ. Talk about brave. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7023079.stm

Ok well I'm sorry I am too tired tired to write more now, but here are some pictures. I have more, I'll post them tomorrow. Oh and tomorrow I am going to Seoul to do some sightseeing because it's a holiday!

Japan from the plane

Japan again

Views from my apartment:






1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Dearest Kayla,

what an experience you are having. I wish that I were there to share it with you; but your blogs are a wonderful substitute. I happen to love cities, having been raised most of my early life in Philly and lived in NYC for 6 years. The energy is just amazing and it can be very invigorating.

We are keeping you in our prayers here. I know it must seem daunting at times, but God appears to be infusing you with much courage. I was thinking of your church situation. You may want to go on-line and look for sermons to download until you can find a place to worship. If you need any links, let me know and I will have David e-mail you.

Well, enjoy your sight seeing which, by now, you have already done. :-) That time thing is so weird.

Love in Christ,
Cynthia Sallard