Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Weekend in Busan!

First of all, here is a fairly recent picture (taken at a staff dinner 3 weeks ago) of some of the people I work with... I say fairly recent because since this picture was taken we've had two teachers replaced. It's kind of a rebuilding time at my school. I was so blessed that when I arrived there were three other teachers (my best friends) who arrived at the same time. All of them, like me, stayed in Korea for two years. Funnily enough we are all planning on leaving the school within the next few months. With 4 out of 10 teachers leaving for good, it will be quite a different school in a few months.

Old Friends and New Faces

So last Friday four friends and I traveled down to the southern, coastal city of Busan (the second largest city in Korea) to celebrate on of my friends birthday. Strangely enough, out of my 4 best friends, 3 of us have birthdays between August 25th and September 4th! It would have taken about 5-6 hours by car to get to Busan but in Korea we have a magical invention called the KTX which is quite similar to the bullet train in Japan. We traveled from Seoul to Busan in less than 3 hours, traveling at about 185 mph! The train was so comfortable and had wireless internet which cost only $1 for an hour.

on the way!
this was my beachfront hotel room with a view (can you believe the view???)
It only cost $45 a night!

excited to be at the beach!
telling what must have been a riveting story
it was my first time seeing my baseball team play outside of Seoul - and they lost :-(
but it was still fun!


ready for a night on the beach town!

No comments: