Monday, September 21, 2009

Just Another Weekend

So this past Saturday I had the privilege of once again being a tourist in this fantastic country which I call home (for now). I made my way, with a friend, to Gyeongbokgung Palace in the Northern part of Seoul. The palace is the main and largest palace in Korea and it was built in 1394. It was then destroyed by the Japanese when they invaded Korea (just one of many reasons Korea and Japan remain at odds) but was reconstructed in 1867. The palace grounds are HUGE. It takes hours to fully explore them.




Following Gyeongbokgung we walked through Insadong which lies on the edge of the cultural district and is teeming with antique shops, tea rooms, and artisans.

Colorful wares for sale

Handmade Jewelry

One of countless street food vendors

Outside the theater where I saw Jekyll & Hyde The Musical
(read about it here)

Aaah it was so good!

Sunday afternoon was spent picnicking in the park with my best friends...friends who are very talented as you can see below:


And here I am clearing the cobwebs off my softball skills.

Yet another fabulous weekend in Seoul.

No comments: