Tuesday, September 8, 2009

This is Me at 23

After I finished blogging the last post I looked over and saw this strange assortment of objects on my desk so I took a picture exactly as it was:

To clarify, what you see in this picture is an apple-shaped lotion holder, a picture of my parents and myself, a jumbo box of raisinets, a glass of white wine, a key to my apartment, and a frog pencil holder filled with sparkly gel pens.

It's a simple array but for some reason it struck me as profound. I guess I felt like it was saying, "This is me at 23"

Responsible and independent yet still childlike & fun-loving
Completely attached to my family but living 7000 miles away
Sometimes saying, "what a robust bouquet" and other times "that's the cutest!!"
1 part adult and 2 parts Daddy's girl
A serious independent woman who appreciates both the fine things in life and the simplest pleasures (such as a blue, zebra-topped, novelty pencil!)

A teacher, thinker, writer, traveler, daughter, sister, friend, aunt, and grown-up...

...almost.

1 comment:

Mishael said...

I love it! What a great snapshot of your life. You've always been such a crossroad of interests and curiosities. You've been quite chatty on this blog lately. We're all enjoying it! Hugs across the ocean (whichever one you choose).