Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Broadway Comes to Seoul

As part of my birthday weekend my friend and I went to see the Tony nominated Broadway musical "Jekyll and Hyde" which is currently in Seoul for 3 weeks, kicking off a tour of Asia. The musical starred Brad Little who previously played The Phantom in "The Phantom of the Opera" for 4.5 years. His voice is incredible and it was such a privilege to hear him and the rest of the cast sing. I really felt like I was in NYC rather than Seoul. Everything about the musical blew me away, from the costumes and sets to the powerful music and the story itself.

We saw the musical at the Sejong Center for the Performing Arts in Seoul which is an absolutely gorgeous venue. There are small screens on the back of each seat which can provide subtitles if you are a Korean watching an English performance or vice versa. Anyway, it was a wonderfully enjoyable night out and I heartily recommend seeing "Jekyll and Hyde" if the tour is ever in your area!

No comments: