Saturday, December 20, 2008

Twas the Week before Christmas...

The week before Christmas has been good, albeit not very Christmas-y. I did teach several of my classes some Christmas songs though! They mostly just hummed along through Jingle Bells except for when it came time to shout "Hey!". I'm hoping to get some video footage of them singing on Monday so I can post a clip on here - it's pretty darn cute!

In other news, I recently added a slow cooker to my modestly-equipped kitchen and I've had such a great time concocting things in it! Since I don't get home from work until after 9, it's great to come home to a ready-to-eat meal instead of having to come home and start cooking. Yay for crockpots!

So, let's see what else is going on... Most of my friends are traveling or have gone home for the holidays but the few of us who are still around have been trying to plan a Christmas celebration that will ease the bleakness of a holiday without family. We are having a girl's Christmas cookie making and decorating party on Monday night. On Christmas Eve we all work until 9 or later but we're planning to get together after work to sing Christmas songs! Then on Christmas Day three of us are cooking a traditional turkey dinner for the group. I'm feeling quite sad because I know it won't feel much like Christmas this year but at least it will be something. And then two days later I'll be on a plane with Tabi headed for sub-tropical Southeast Asia!!  As I type this it's 82 degress in Cambodia...

No comments: