Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas in Korea

Well it's CHRISTMAS EVE but it doesn't feel like it yet because I'm STILL AT WORK at 8pm!! Aaah!! Oh well, it's been a fun day, the students are so excited about Christmas and I wore a Santa hat to all my classes which they thought was hilarious. Also it's test day so it isn't a very demanding day of work. Still I would much rather be in NJ, heading off to my uncle's house or heading to church with my family! Having had Christmas a bit early while I was home in NJ I thought I'd try to keep my head down once 12/25 came around. I figured if I didn't really focus on the holiday I wouldn't be as homesick. Turns out it's next to impossible to let Christmas go by unnoticed, even in Korea. So about 30 minutes into today I decided to abandon that plan and get totally excited about Christmas even though I'm not spending it the way I'd like to be. So in an hour I finish work, put on the most Christmas-y outfit I can find and head out with my friends to a Korean private singing room to sing Christmas songs all night! Not too late though because for our Christmas dinner tomorrow I'm in charge of the turkey, the (from scratch) stuffing and the dip for veggies. We already had a cookie making/decorating night so those are all done and ready to be consumed with gusto!

Then on Friday it's Get-ready-to-go-to-Cambodia-and-Vietnam-because-I-have-not-put-any-thought-into-this-trip-at-all-since-booking-it-and-I-haven't-even-started-to-think-about-packing Day!! Wooohoo and I leave on Saturday!!!

No comments: