Thursday, January 3, 2008

Back to Korea

I had a wonderful trip back to Korea even though I was flying on New Years Eve and didn't actually get to celebrate New Years since I didn't know when the year actually changed. It was daylight out for the entire flight and we flew over Canada, Alaska, Russia, and China. The weather was so clear I could actually see the ground and I saw some amazing sights. Like glaciers and ice that went on for miles and miles, as far as I could see. And the endless miles of snow-covered mountains in Siberia. The capture doesn't really portray the vastness of the view but here are some pictures.





See the other plane in this one?

I think it took going back to the States to make me realize how much I like living in Korea. I had a truly wonderful visit at home but it made me realize that right now I belong in Korea and I've truly settled here. When I was in the States it was like I was a visitor. I enjoyed that and it was amazing to see my family and friends. Still, the moment I stepped off the plane in Incheon I felt like I was back where I belonged. So I guess somewhere in all of the ups and downs of the first 3 1/2 months here, Korea became home. There will surely be more hard times to come but overall I feel like I've gotten over the initial shock and difficulty of the first few months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This might make you cry, but I'll tell you anyway! Sorry :-)

The day after we got back home to MA (Sunday the 30th), Josh told us that he missed you already! He had told us as we were leaving NJ that your Webkin stuffed animal that you gave to him wanted to go with you to Korea. Maybe he thinks that this will keep him closer to you these next months until you come back home.