Sunday, September 30, 2007

Korea

Korea is better and worse than I thought. I dont know how to explain that right now. I really like the city, I love having everything so close. I feel better knowing I can get a lot of western products if I need them although they are way overpriced.

Tomorrow I start teaching. I thought I would have a week of training where I watched another teacher but that is no longer true. The teacher whose classes I am taking over has already left and I start taking over her classes tomorrow. No training. But thats ok, it will be ok. I am teaching 8 classes MWF and 5 classes on T/TH. All different levels. I got to see the curriculum briefly on Friday but not for long. I will write more about teaching and the school after I start. I am nervous about being unprepared but I am also anxious and excited to start teaching because that is essentially why I am here and what is going to take up most of my time. I cant wait to get busy!

I have not yet found a church. I found several Presbyterian churches in Seoul but I have to take the subway into the city which right now is incredibly intimidating as everything is in Korean and I know almost nothing about the area. I was not ready to travel into Seoul this morning and try to find my way around. So I spent hours on the internet yesterday trying to find something in my city but I could not find anything. I am going to ask at my school tomorrow about churches in this area.

Thats all for now, I will write some after I start teaching!

No comments: