Friday, October 31, 2008

13 months later

13 months of teaching English in Korea are finished and here I sit at the airport, waiting for my flight home. I can't wait to relax and just visit with people and of course not work for a month! But I will actually miss work I think. Honestly, I can't even express how much I love my job. Yesterday one of my Korean co-teachers shared with me that my students' parents have all told her that they love me and that they look forward to my class and that I'm their favorite teacher. And when I told my students I wouldn't be here next month and that they'd have a different teacher in November, they all groaned! But their faces lit up when I told them I'd be coming back. It made me so happy!

This month while I'm in the States I'll be flying out to Pittsburgh to visit my best friend and her family and also flying up to Massachusetts/Connecticut to visit my sister's family and then my brother's family. In between I'll be soaking up time with other family and friends and celebrating a wedding, a birthday, and Thanksgiving. I have a feeling that before I know it the month will be over and I'll be back at this airport. :(


I am looking forward to this next year in Korea with anticipation though. Kicking things off with a tour of Vietnam and Cambodia certainly helps! So does having a job you love and a great group of friends.



Time to board...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was so great to see you and your family at the wedding.It was was nice to get to know a part of the family I never really had the chance to know well. I look forward to taking time to read through your blog of this past year and sharing in your amazing adventure. Have a safe journey back!
your cousin,
stacy fisher