Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Someone Told Me It's All Happening At The Zoo

(name that tune...)

So last weekend my friends and I went to the Seoul Zoo which turned out to be really really nice! I've heard zoos in Asia can be quite depressing. I think this is more true in China where there are some less than ideal sanitary conditions and the animals have really tiny habitats (except for the Pandas who get treated like royalty). Anyway the Seoul Zoo is the largest zoo in Asia and is about the same size, if not bigger than, the Philadelphia Zoo. It was really enjoyable and it was a gorgeous, crisp fall day (Boy do I love those kinds of days. My friend was making fun of me because every few minutes I'd say, "Can you believe what a gorgeous day it is!? I just love how all the leaves are changing colors!!" - So this is a shout out to my mom for teaching me to derive joy from simple things like sunny days and changing foliage!)

Anyway here are some shots from my zoo trip. Also in the evening we went to Seoul Land which is an amusement park in Seoul (the 2nd biggest of the 3 in Korea). It was really fun and the best part was it was only $10 for admission even though its usually $36 because (a) it was after 5pm and (b) there was a foreigner discount. I love getting great deals! Anyway, enjoy:



Mr. Giraffe who walked over and posed for me - how thoughtful!

Mr. Seal, who popped his head out of the water just in time for a photo-op

How about this bear, eh? Have you ever seen a non-cartoon bear sitting in this position? I mean he looks like he's watching the news or something, but really he's just staring at the people...who are staring at him... and probably thinking how he can manage to devour one of them...

This is me, talking with Mr. Llama

Around the entrance to the amusement park (I didn't take too many pictures because it was dark and, well, amusement parks pretty much look the same wherever you are).

Apart from this, of course. Here, your young child can be sealed inside a plastic bubble and float around in a pool without getting wet. Somehow I think putting kids inside sealed bubbles with no air holes might not catch on at amusement parks in the States...

Sitting in an autumn-themed Cinderella's carriage

No comments: