Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Happy Fall!

I keep trying to blog but for some reason over the past week the Blogger website hasn't been allowing me to upload pictures. Hopefully this will figure itself out soon! I went to the zoo and to an amusement park last weekend and have some pictures to share so I will try to get those up soon. I hope you enjoyed the little slice of Korean pop culture I shared with you last week. If you haven't watched the music videos I really recommend you do that - if for no other reason than for a laugh. :)

Also I have an email address update. As I will, sadly, no longer be "Kayla in Korea" come November 9th (sniff sniff), I have a new email address: kaylaruthw@hotmail.com. I'll check both for the next few months but please update your address books!

This is going to be such a busy month - there is so much I want to do before I leave. I'm trying to savor every minute before it all ends. This is a very sad week for me because my best friend Sarah, from England, who arrived the same week as me in September of 2007, is leaving Korea for good on Saturday. We were both here for 2 years and are leaving Korea a month apart. I think it's a little less sad for Sarah, though, because she's heading to India, Australia, and New Zealand before she goes home to England. You might remember her as my travel buddy both in Hong Kong and in Tokyo! She is such a dear friend and I look forward to visiting her in England and/or having her come to visit me in the States (she's never been!). Last night I completed a scrapbook for her of her 2 years in Korea. We also bought a Korean flag and had all of her friends sign it. We're having a goodbye party for her tonight which promises to be a tear-filled event. I am glad I will only be in Korea for one month without her!

I hope you are all enjoying the arrival of fall as much as I am. The weather here is unseasonably warm (76 degrees!) but the nights are cool and the trees are starting to change colors. Oh how I love fall!

No comments: