Monday, November 16, 2009

Halloween

I realize that I have violated the standard rules of blogging by leaving you all hanging for so long. However most of you know why I have failed to write recently, which is that I have been consumed by the horrible and overwhelming task of leaving Korea and returning to the States.

BUT, now that life has calmed down a bit, allow me to fill you in!

First of all, Halloween. My very last day of work was 10/31, oddly enough. Now Halloween, as I've probably mentioned on here before, is not widely celebrated in Korea, since it's not a Korean holiday at all. However, since I teach at an English Language School and am a foreigner, the parents and kids like us to have a little celebration so the kids can see what it's all about. And despite the fact that it's not celebrated in Korea you can bet that every single kid knows exactly what Halloween is all about....CANDY.

So all the foreigners at my school dressed up and it was a wild and fun day and, to be honest, the hectic tone of Halloween probably made my last day bearable. It was a very emotional day. Lots of hugs and presents from students. I cried only once after my favorite class which is made up of four students whom I teach every day.

Anyway here are some pictures at Halloween and my last day of work at SLP.

I was a Japanese woman in a kimono and Fran was a rock star

Dan was a member of Gryffindor house (NOT Harry Potter) and Glenn was a mad scientist

Some of my students on my last day

One of my older classes

My going away dinner. The girl on the right with the blond hair is Kelley, my replacement

My boss and me

Dinner led to karaoke with all of the staff...


All in all it was a very bittersweet last day of work!

No comments: