Monday, June 23, 2008

The Weekend Part I

Saturday was an awesome day. First, I went to the travel agent and paid for my ticket to Thailand! I will be vacationing in Phuket ("Pooh-ket") from July 26th to August 2nd. I can not wait for the beach! Also on Saturday I bought myself a new camera. A Canon s5is. It is incredible and I am completely in love with it. It looks like this:

After these two big purchases, I went to a baseball game with my friends. My team (Woori Heroes) have been on quite a losing streak lately. They are in second-to-last place and ten games back from a play-off spot. Thankfully on Saturday they won 2-1 with two home runs. So here is the incredible thing: we've been going to so many games this Spring (I've actually lost count - we've gone nearly every weekend) that we have become great friends with the "fan club". The fan club has about 50 people and it is so much fun. We sit with them at the games and they give us free food and drinks and love the fact that we cheer for their team. My friends and I bought jerseys that we wear at the games. It is so much fun, it's like a big family. A few weeks ago I got picked to dance on the dugout in front of everyone at a sold out game and I was on TV!
Anyway, after all the games, the fan club people always ask us to come out with them for dinner and drinks and we often go.

Yesterday was so much fun, we went out with the group and I ended up sitting next to the manager of the stadium. One thing led to another and I told him my favorite player was Cliff Brumbaugh, a foreign player from the states. He's previously played for the Rangers, Rockies, and White Sox. [Each Korean team is allowed 2 foreign players. My team has one from the US and one from Japan.] Anyway, the manager told me that he had the home run ball Brumbaugh had hit that day (his twelfth this season) and that he would have him autograph it and give it to me!! As if that wasn't enough, he later told me that he wants us to wait around after the game next Saturday and he will arrange for us to meet the players, including Brumbaugh! So, next Saturday I get to meet my favorite team and favorite player! Anyway, I'm so excited. It's been so much fun getting into baseball here!

Enough talking, here are some pictures...

No comments: