Tuesday, August 19, 2008

No Beijing for this American - yet

So, I won't be going to China next month, despite the fact that I went through a travel agent and already booked my round trip flight. China won't grant me a visa even though all of my documents are in order and I was going with a tour. Apparently everyone is having problems getting visas right now with the Olympics happening. Usually it's fine but with Olympics security is really tight, and a lot of people are being turned down. It's a shame, because I really was looking forward to the trip but I'll just wait and go on my 4 day break in February - things will be calmer then and I'm told I should have no problem getting a visa once a few months go by. Luckily I was able to get a refund on my ticket and now have to quickly decide where I want to go for those four days. My options are pretty limited so, I've narrowed it down to Hong Kong or Tokyo. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: