Monday, April 21, 2008

This week's news

Another Monday of teaching finished. I love my job! I got an adorable journal entry today where my student said he "swam in the fool" but I think he meant "pool" and then at the end he said, "This day was very cool. Yes, this was my happy day!" So cute...

The weekend was GORGEOUS. 78 and sunny for the baseball game which my team WON 12 - 4. My favorite player, the only Western guy on the team is named Cliff Brumbaugh. He hit a 3-run homer AND a solo homer. It was great. We sat in foul ball territory and I almost caught a ball hit by the opposing team. The guy next to me caught it instead and he thought about giving it to me but the crowd was chanting to give it to a Lotte Giants fan, not an Woori fan (I was sitting in enemy fan territory) so he gave it to a kid Lotte fan. Turns out, the whole thing was on tape so everyone watching the game saw me! So when I went to work today a bunch of other teachers told me they saw me on TV! I have to admit I'm pretty excited to have been on Korean television at a ball game. :)

So I'm sitting here watching That 70's Show (I dont even notice the Korean subtitles on things anymore) and eating some spicy noodles. Spring is here full-force now. Tomorrow I'll take some pictures of the flowers they've planted all over my neighborhood. They're beautiful and they smell amazing. This Saturday my friends and I have a trip booked to the DMZ. That's the demilitarization zone between North and South Korea, in case you weren't sure. Read all about it here if you want. I will definitely have some pictures to post after that trip! Should be really interesting...

No comments: