Monday, March 2, 2009

The New Place....


Bedroom Before


Bedroom After

Kitchen Before


Kitchen After - if you're wondering about the jersey - I needed something to cover the place where I tore the ugly wallpaper from the door and it took the paint off. My Canadian friend (a big hockey fan) happily volunteered an extra hockey jersey the night of the party as a solution to my dilemma...


Living Room Before


Living Room After


Living Room 2



Hall to the Bedroom (that's a collage of my family on the wall)


Bathroom Before


Bathroom After: You might notice there is no sink and no separate shower. This is the Korean style. I was very lucky that in my old apt. it was a very "Western" style with a proper shower and sink - that is not the norm in Korea. Here it is the traditional Korean style with just a drain in the floor and a shower head. Usually the shower head isn't even mounted on the wall - you just stand there and hold it over yourself. But they attached it to the wall for me. :) And of course there's no sink - just a faucet on the wall - so I use that little basin for brushing teeth, etc. and then just pour it down the drain. It's not the most luxurious set-up but it works...


What you see when you enter - those dining room chairs aren't usually there but this was taken right before my Housewarming Party so they were there for guests to sit on. That white door goes into the bathroom. The living room is the first door on the left. The bedroom is through the kitchen on the left. On the other side of the kitchen is a storage enclosed-porch thingy where my washing machine is.


"Dining Room" before


Dining Room After - again before the Housewarming Party

No comments: